Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Week

I arrived in Copenhagen, Denmark just a little over a week ago. Having chosen this somewhat atypical home for the semester, I was eager to prove to myself that I made the right choice. The verdict so far is yes. I am truly enjoying this city, small enough to navigate, but big enough to fill my time. It is a little bit expensive, and the language is somewhat reminiscent of someone gagging, but all and all, Copenhagen is fantastic. I am living in a quaint suburb outside of Copenhagen, Hillerød. It is a cute little city, with its own castle! It makes me feel very European to come home every evening to a castle view from my window.

In Hillerød, I live in
Grundtvigs Højskole, a place for Danish students to live in after the graduate high school. They take classes here, but receive no grades for their work, they are simply here to explore and figure out what they might want to study when they decide to go to college. The Danes have just arrived, so I'm still working on getting to know them, but the ones I have talked with seem very friendly. Apparently, they throw very fun parties and have a great time, so I'm looking forward to the upcoming weeks.

This post is starting to become boring, so I'll write more later, and more about my adventures rather than the background information. :-D

No comments: